|Honored by:||Louis E. Williams, Charles A. Williams & Susan Williams Rudig|
|Brick location:||D:12 map|
Florence Edith Williams
June 12, 1918 – October 12, 2003
Florence worked for Iowa State from 1960 until 1981. She started working as a secretary in the journalism Department working with Dr. Carl Hamilton. Then moved to Curtiss Hall where she worked with Dr. J.P. Mahlstede, in the Agricultural Experiment Station. Later she moved to the Dean of Agriculture Department as secretary/assistant to Dean Floyd Andre and Dean Lee Kolmer. Florence was more than an assistant to the Dean of Agriculture. She was a friend who made every visitor feel welcome, managed and took care of details, cleared up the paper work and was always cheerful and enthusiastic. She had a career of service, personal relations and numerous contributions. She had a philosophy of service and a spirit of dedication. She was honored in 1979 with a Superior Service Award during Alumni Days. She was an avid ISU football and basketball fan and always supported the Cyclones.
After retirement, Florence and her husband David travelled the USA. They enjoyed Florida so much that they wintered in Fort Myers for more than a decade. In 1996 they sold their house in Ames and moved to a retirement community in Cedar Rapids to be closer to family. Florence passed away October 12, 2003. She was a great lady and a wonderful and caring mother.
Honored by her children: Louis E. Williams, Charles A. Williams, and Susan Anderson
Brick purchased 3/17/94
Bio updated 9/30/13