|Brick location:||B:26 map|
The Iowa State University Women's Club of Black Hawk County was organized in 1929 and is presently the only Iowa State University Womens' club in the United States. The three major objectives of the club are: 1. To cooperate as an organization in the advancement of Iowa State University. 2. To provide an annual scholarship to a Black Hawk County student attending Iowa State University. 3. To promote sociability and good fellowship among its members. Our membership includes members of the ISU Alumni Association residing in Black Hawk County. All alumnae are welcome to attend monthly meetings held between October and May. Each Year the club presents a scholarship to an outstanding Black Hawk County student who is a sophomore or junior at Iowa State University. In 1995 that scholarship award of $500 was presented at the annual banquet held in April. For more than 20 years club members have contributed to River Hills School as a local service project. Members' contributions to the Plaza of Heroines are a commemoration of our 65th anniversary as an organized alumnae club. For more information about the ISU Women's club of Black Hawk County contact the ISU Alumni Association Alumni Suite Memorial Union ISU.