|Honored by:||Marvin A. Anderson|
|Brick location:||H:9 map|
* Born in Lemmon, South Dakota August 26, 1917
* Educated in Lemmon S.D. Public Schools
* Attended Augustana College Sioux Falls, S.D.; Iowa State University B.S. Home Economics 1939
* Married Marvin A. Anderson June 16, 1940
* Residencies in Creston and Ames, Iowa
* Four Children: Mark, Mary, Merrill, Martha
* Died from a stroke on December 26, 1968
Marietta taught Home Economics at the New London Iowa High School for one year. After her marriage and the birth of son Mark, Marietta moved to Estherville, Iowa while husband Marvin served in the U.S. Navy during WW II. Following the war, the family returned to Ames and Marvin's position at ISU.
The birth of three children, Mary in 1946, Merrill in 1948, and Martha in 1950, brought joy and family responsibility to the parents. Marietta's support in the many school activities during grade and high school, as well as the family camping experiences, were especially important and remembered by each of the four children.
During this time and until her death in 1968, Marietta was very active in her church, the Iowa State University Faculty Womens Club, and The Extension Wives Organization. She was a member of PEO and TTT. She had a strong and continuing interest in applied art, and found satisfaction in participation in the Octagon Center for the Arts in Ames. 7/1/96
"Julia Faltinson Anderson
Marietta Bamble Anderson
Mary Anderson Wislocki
Martha Anderson Stahl"