|Honored by:||Curt Youngs|
|Brick location:||A:28 map|
Nancy L. Youngs was born June 21, 1935 to Russell O. and Harriet E. (Liles) Thomson. She was born and raised in Urbana, Ohio, with her older sister Patricia and younger sister Kathleen.
Nancy graduated from Urbana High School in 1953 and attended Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware for 2 years. She married James E. Youngs on July 9, 1955 and later became a full-time mother to three boys -- Chris, Andrew and Curtis.
She served as a long-term substitute school teacher from 1965 until 1975 when she received her elementary education degree from The Ohio State University. She taught 1st grade at Buckeye Valley Schools in Ashley, Ohio for one year before she and her family relocated to Winona, Minnesota.
In 1982, Nancy began teaching kindergarten at Silo Immanuel Lutheran School in Lewiston, Minnesota, a position she held until her retirement in 1997. During her retirement, she served as a substitute teacher and also volunteered at the local community hospital. Nancy devoted her life to her family and her school children.
She taught not only through her spoken words but also through her actions. She was an inspiration to and role model for countless students families and friends.