|Honored by:||Sticks Inc.|
|Brick location:||A:15 map|
Peggy was an only child whose father was a supervising engineer for the government who spent all her growing-up years moving from construction site to construction site. Entering architectural school at the University of Illinois was an understandable choice. Peggy married in 1943 - mid-college and World War II. At the completion of the war and college, her husband’s job brought her to Des Moines - three months after the opening of the Des Moines Art Center.
Peggy’s volunteer involvement was immediate and she went on to organize the classes for young people and served in the education department for twenty years, teaching, administrating, and innovating. In 1972 she was named assistant director of the Center where she served until 1986 - several interim directorships.
She is a charter member of Iowa Arts Council and the Iowa Museum Association. Peggy received the Iowa Arts Council’s Outstanding Contribution to the Arts Award.
Peggy was in the Peace Corps from 1986-87 in Sierra Leone. She is an art consultant for the Brunnier Gallery at Iowa State University. Peggy joined STICKS Art Studio in 1992. Peggy is divorced and has 3 married children, and 4 grandsons.
Submitted on 7/1/96