Plaza of Heroines
Welcome to the Plaza of Heroines
The Plaza of Heroines is a mosaic of bricks and granite pavers forming the entryway to Carrie Chapman Catt Hall on Iowa State’s central campus.
The center of the plaza features a large granite paving stone honoring Carrie Chapman Catt, a distinguished alumna of Iowa State’s class of 1880, leader of the U.S. women’s suffrage movement, crusader for international peace and an advocate for the expansion of women’s rights throughout the world. Surrounding that stone are smaller granite pavers and bricks that honor more than 4,000 women who have made an impact on individuals, families, communities and society.